Saturday, February 2, 2008

of journals and blogs

This is only my second blog ever(i abandoned my first because i was in this place for 3 months where that particular website was banned...the link snapped...the interest waned). So i obviously havent been doing this for long. But i have to say this, maintaining a blog is tough stuff.

I've had a journal (Dear Diary) since i was 8 yrs old...or was i 9, i dont remember. When i read them now i have a smile on my face from start to finish. intially, i used to have a golden rule of not exceeding one page, so i'd try to squeeze everything possible into next to no space (it was a small book). and the day i exceeded one was a momentous occassion. My first 'proper' journal (ok ok diary...there i said it) had mickey mouse on the cover, and even after all these years it still smells like some sort of flower(synthetic ofcourse).

And my latest journal is filled with some juicy gossip, my tales of woe, all my angry thoughts, some of my escapades and some of my crazy weird thoughts that make me sound seriously insane...but somehow its just to personal to write most of it online,and besides i'd have a hard time fictionalising (is this a word) all the names,places and other misc details that i usually dont have to bother with(my journals go with me to my grave).

Lets see how long i can maintain this thing...especially when the call of real ink and paper is so hard to resist.

No comments: