Wednesday, October 7, 2009

to have your cake and eat it all

There are certain things in life that are sometimes, just not in your control. Bad things (and the occasional good ones) just happen and there’s nothing you can do to stop them.


Sitting at home for your exams for a prolonged period of time can have disastrous consequences for your weight. Despite my best efforts to watch what I eat, avoiding unhealthy snacking, looking away with determination from the cookies and chips when I go grocery shopping, saying no to extra butter and cheese, sometimes all my good intentions just fly out the window.


In this instance, a chocolate cake fell into my lap (my hands). Its not everyday that something like this occurs. So when Mom offered to give away atleast half of it, I declined without feeling any guilt, and I did what any self-respecting cake lover would, I kept the whole thing; and then, I single handedly demolished that half kg chocolate cake…in two days!


Its not something I'm proud of. Really it isn’t.


The funny thing is I’m not even that fond of chocolate. But it was cake! And it was good! And it was there, sitting in the fridge, waiting for me to EAT IT!! What else was I supposed to do right?

No comments: